Thursday, December 31, 2009

COUNTDOWN TO 2010 - Day 6 Freebie

Yesterday I blogged about journaling. Boy, did I! But it is an important part of what we do. There are a lot of things you can use to journal on. Many of my kits offer journaling boxes for this purpose. Another fun thing to use is journaling strips! You can use several of these on a layout.... one word or phrase per strip to make up the whole description. Add a tag with the name/place/date. Just a few ideas to enhance your layouts!

Well, today is the last day of 2009! I hope it was a good year for you. For some it was not. Some lost their jobs and even their homes. Those of us who were fortunate enough to not be in this position need to help our fellow man in whatever way we can. Donate some food to a local food bank or clothes you and your family don't wear anymore to Goodwill or American Veterans. Pray for a turnaround in our economy so that jobs once again become available for all who are needing them to support their families.

Those of you who know me know that I am passionately patriotic! I L-O-V-E America and all it stands for. Freedom isn't free. This is the land of the free because of the brave. Reflect on how many young men and women have lost their lives in previous and this current war to protect that freedom. I would say that is a very high price to pay. So, no... FREEDOM isn't free. To the brave men and women who are currently in the Middle East... I salute and pray for your safety. To their families.... mothers, fathers, wives, husbands and children.... I pray that they will return to you soon safe and whole. To those who have lost children, friends, or spouses.... may God comfort you in your time of sorrow. My sympathy is with you all. Thank you for your sacrifice.

My you all have a happy, safe and health 2010!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Here is the link to today's download

SORRY, THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the lovely gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful album!!! Have a happy 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 16 post on Dec. 31, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blog, Sharon! Hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the freebies, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 31 Dec [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 01 Jan [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks you for the pretty pages! Thank you also for thinking of our troops. My son is in Afghanistan and I am counting down until he is home again.
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete