Friday, September 19, 2008

MORE JOURNALING TIPS AND DAY 5 FREEBIE!

As I said previously, I personally like to do my journaling on the reverse side of the hybrid layout page. That is not to say that you can't put text on the layout side if you want to. Day 7's download includes 2 sets of journaling lines in both vertical or horizontal formats for you to use on the blank pages if you so desire.

I print the layout side and the plain side and then cut them out. I purchased one of those acid-free fine point pens made for scrapbookers and use it to write at least the name(s) and date on the blank page. I might also write the place the photo was taken (if known) and any other info I might have. I usually wait about 24 hours before doing this to make sure the printer ink is set.

If I am using a physical album, I then adhere the layout to one side and the journaling to the other side and let dry thoroughly. I prefer to use glue stics to do this -- especially if I have printed on lighter weight photo paper. After all my pages are complete, I take them to a local print shop and have them laminated. This can usually be done while you wait. When I get home I do the final trimming and punch the holes. I arrange my pages in the order I want them, add the covers and use either locking rings or ribbons to "bind" my album.

HERE is the link to Day 5's download. SORRY, THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete